Mr Shane Long
Role at ANSTO
Shane's responsibilities are to; Develop and install mechanical systems and associated infrastructure to enhance the capabilities of the new and existing accelerators; Assist in the deployment and maintenance of support infrastructure and Accelerator Instrumentation associated with all aspects of the accelerator, beam line equipment and plant; Ensure timely rectification of mechanical and vacuum infrastructure faults to maximise accelerator availability.
CAD Design 2D/3D, Machining, CCTV, robotics, avionics.
Qualifications & Achievements
- Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 3184 Certificate in Engineering, Aircraft Avionics Maintenance.
- Over nine year's experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics).
- Three & a half years designing and manufacturing robotic CCTV systems for underground inspection & repair.
- Autodesk Certificate - Autodesk Inventor 2008.
- CAD design in 2D & 3D.