Holiday season order cut off and delivery schedule 2023
Our holiday season operating hours and supply availability are available below.
- Last deliveries will be on Friday 22 December
- Deliveries throughout Christmas period: Wednesday 27 and Friday 29 December
- No deliveries on closed dates
- Normal deliveries recommence Tuesday 2 January
- Please let us know of any changes to requirements over the Christmas and New Year period by Friday 24 November
Sodium Iodide [I-131] capsules and solutions
- Order cut off for deliveries from Friday 22 December to Wednesday 27 December: 1pm AEDT Thursday 21 December
- Normal deliveries recommence from Wednesday 27 December
- Order cut off for deliveries on Tuesday 2 January: 3pm AEDT Friday 29 December
- Order cut off for deliveries from 19 December: 1pm AEDT Wednesday 6 December
- Order cut off for deliveries from 27 December: 1pm AEDT Wednesday 13 December
- Order cut off for deliveries from Tuesday 2 January: 1pm AEDT Wednesday 20 December
- Last delivery of the year: Thursday 21 December
- Orders must be placed by 5pm AEDT Friday 15 December
- First delivery 2024: Thursday 11 January
- Orders must be placed by 5pm AEDT Thursday 4 January
- Last delivery of the year: Tuesday 12 December
- Orders must be placed by 5pm AEDT 7 December
- First delivery of 2024: Wednesday 10 January
- Orders must be placed by 5pm AEDT Thursday 4 January
Customer Service hours:
- Monday 25 December 2023 to Tuesday 26 December 2023
- Monday 1 January 2024
- Wednesday 27 December 2023 to Friday 29 December 2023
- Tuesday 2 January 2024
Normal business hours and deliveries will recommence on Tuesday 2 January 2024.
For further information contact our Customer Service Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 251 572.
OPAL 2024 shutdown: update on supply
Since we last shared an update regarding the planned shutdown of OPAL in 2024, we’ve been working hard to secure supply options for the nuclear medicine community.
While this work is still ongoing, we have provided an update below on what we anticipate our supply options will be throughout the planned shutdown.
Current planned shutdown dates are Monday 18 March 2024 to Friday 5 July 2024, any changes in these dates will be communicated with our stakeholders.
Nuclear Medicine Processing and Distribution Facility maintenance
- For a period of the shutdown (approximately 10 weeks) we will also conduct maintenance on our Nuclear Medicine Processing and Distribution Facility. The current planned dates for this are Monday 18 March 2024 to Friday 24 May 2024.
- Conducting maintenance on two of our key facilities that enable nuclear medicine supply simultaneously will help support reliable supply for Australian patients into the future.
- This maintenance will replace the regular scheduled shutdown of our Nuclear Medicine Processing and Distribution Facility in 2024, which usually occurs in September or October each year.
- ANSTO has been working productively with alternative suppliers to source supply for the domestic market during this period.
- We have broadened our supply networks by establishing new supply arrangements with international suppliers.
- These supply arrangements, while always subject to the usual risks of disruptions that can occur in nuclear medicine production, will enable ANSTO to provide some supply of critical nuclear medicine products during the shutdown period.
- Our focus has been on securing alternative supply for Tc-99m generators, I-131 finished products and Lu-177.
- We’ve been working to minimise disruption wherever possible; however, where ANSTO imports product, we are subject to our suppliers’ product availability and logistics.
- Products that are currently being imported and distributed like Cold Kits (MAA, DTPA and MDP), Iodine-123 MIBG, Iodine-131 MIBG and Gallium-68 generators should not be affected by the shutdown.
- A summary of our nuclear medicine products and their planned availability is below.
- You will notice that supply of Lu-177, bulk I-131, and Cr-51 is due to recommence later in the month of July 2024; these resupply dates align with current supply scheduling and take into consideration the reactor’s restart schedule.
|Product||Supply||Supply recommences (planned)|
Import supply planned from 27 March – 3 June 2024
|Gentech generators supply planned from week commencing 3 June 2024|
|Lu-177||Import supply planned from 1 April – 22 July 2024||Week commencing 22 July 2024|
|I-131 capsules and solutions||Import supply planned from 25 March – 19 June 2024||Week commencing 20 June 2024|
|I-131 bulk||No supply available from 18 March – 29 July 2024||Week commencing 29 July 2024|
No supply available from 1 April – 4 June 2024
|Week commencing 3 June 2024|
|Cr-51||No supply available from 18 March – 29 July 2024||Week commencing 29 July 2024|
We’ll provide regular updates
We will provide supply and maintenance updates before, during, and after the upgrades and scheduled shutdown have taken place.
For further information on OPAL's 2024 maintenance shutdown, click here.
5 June 2023
ANSTO has identified an appearance defect in a small number of cases following our routine stability testing for Sodium Iodide (I-131) 50-6000MBq Therapy Capsules. This was identified for higher activity capsules only. (300MBq or more for smaller capsules and 3000MBq or more for larger capsules).
While ANSTO continues to investigate and address the issue in the higher activity capsules, in the short term, ANSTO will only supply the capsules at lower activity levels which have demonstrated compliance with all quality and acceptance criteria.
ANSTO will limit the impact of this change by supplying customers who have high-activity requirements with additional capsules to meet higher activity dosage requirements at no additional cost.
ANSTO Material Number
Description & Activity Size
“Small Capsules”, 50-600MBq
“Large Capsules”, 700-6,000MBq
Delivery and calibration
Order cut-off time remains 5 pm on Wednesday the week prior to the shipment unless otherwise specified.
Available for delivery and calibration on the following dates:
- 12 December 2023
- 10 January 2024 - Wednesday
- 23 January 2024
- 06 February 2024
- 20 February 2024
- 12 March 2024
- 26 March 2024
- 4 June 2024
- 18 June 2024
- 02 July 2024
- 17 July 2024 - Wednesday
26 March 2024 is the last supply date before our scheduled maintenance period. I123mIBG remains available during this time.
Order cut-off time 5 pm on Thursday the week prior to the shipment unless otherwise specified.
Deliveries will take place on the following Thursdays:
11 January 2024
18 January 2024
01 February 2024
We will endeavour to keep all hospitals updated as soon we have any further information. We still face some domestic challenges surrounding flights and will continue to be in contact with you regarding the final delivery time to your hospital.