Strategic priority four
Drive organisational renewal
ANSTO will sharpen its focus on long-term financial sustainability. This will include the judicious use of government appropriations and the maintenance of appropriate internal controls and governance structures. We will seek to increasingly leverage our research and development activities and grow revenue in areas of competitive advantage such as waste management technologies.
ANSTO will also strengthen engagement with the academic and student communities to ensure that Australia trains a new generation of nuclear science and technology researchers, engineers and technicians, whilst continuing to attract the best scientists from abroad.
We will recognise our success by:
- Our financial performance, including growth in commercial revenue
- Investment in our people and partners
- Predictive and proactive maintenance and development of our facilities and landmark infrastructure
- The pipeline of future scientists, engineers and leaders developed from internal sources
- The ability to attract world-class researchers from across the globe