Graduate Development Program
Have you got a naturally curious and questioning mind, an untamed imagination, or an appetite for exploring the unknown?
ANSTO aims to nurture the next generation of Australian graduates and provides strong foundations for exciting and fulfilling careers through our Graduate Development Program. Through the program graduates are given the chance to gain hands-on experience in their field, as well as guidance and mentoring from industry experts.
The Graduate Development Program is run every two years. The duration of the is two years and consists of two phases:
- Year 1 - Consists of an induction involving an eight-month rotational placement aligned with the graduate's degree and group professional development. It includes a four-month rotational placement that's designed to: Increase the graduate's knowledge of ANSTO and develop networks in an area that is not directly aligned to their degree.
- Year 2 - These are customised placements aligned to the graduate's degree and individual development plans. They’re focused on: ANSTO career development, technical development and professional development.
Features of the program include:
- A two (2) week induction program that includes training and events with senior ANSTO staff
- A rotation program tailored to the graduate’s discipline and interests, which is designed to broaden experience in new areas
- Two (2) week development training towards the end of the first year where you have the opportunity for further training including a visit to the ACT
- A buddy program
- Mentoring by senior leaders and technical specialists
For further information please contact the Early Career Talent & Development Team by phoning: +612 9717 3094.
Answering your questions about the program
In this section you will find answers to questions about our graduate program.
|When will you be accepting applications for the next Graduate intake?|
|The next graduate intake will be February 2017. |
|What are we looking for in a Graduate?|
|ANSTO is seeking high quality graduates interested in a diverse and challenging career in nuclear science and technology. Ideally, applicants will be in their final year of study, or have recently completed a degree in a relevant discipline. |
|What type of disciplines is ANSTO looking for?|
|Ideally, candidates will have a degree in one of the following areas: science, engineering, information technology, business, international relations, or communications. |
|How long is the recruitment process?|
|We will begin shortlisting candidates once applications close late April 2014. Candidates will then be notified on how their application has gone and by the end of June 2014 all offers should have been made. The evaluation process consists of three phases: |
|Do I have to be an Australian Citizen to apply?|
|Yes. Due to our status as an Australian Federal Government Organisation it is a requirement that we only accept Australian citizens into the program. |
|Is there any further training/development offered to the Graduates?|
|Definitely! Throughout the 2 year program, the graduates are involved in an array of training and development opportunities.The graduates do training together as a team as well as individual customised technical training that would be relevant to their degree. |
|Will I get to attend international conferences whilst in the program?|
|Many of our past graduates have attended events overseas as well as having the opportunity to work overseas within the Nuclear Industry in different countries like the UK, France, Germany and the United States.|
|Is ANSTO a good place to work?|
|Of course it is! Life on the ANSTO campus is lively and diverse, and staff enjoy a wide range of facilities and services to support their work and lifestyle.The ANSTO site resembles a university campus, with internal roads connecting more than 80 buildings spread over 70-hectares. Surrounded by natural bushland it has extensive sporting and leisure including football fields, tennis and squash courts, barbecues, a cafeteria and a solar-heated swimming pool. |
ANSTO has an active Social Club that organise sports competitions and social events as well as activities such as aerobics, soccer, touch football, yoga, bushwalking and cycling.
|How do I apply?|
|Applications must be submitted online via the vacancies page. When submitting an application you must include your resume and current academic transcript.|