Why choose ANSTO
ANSTO seeks candidates who are passionate about making a contribution to Australian society through supporting nuclear science and technology.
|Current vacancies||How to apply||Working at ANSTO|
We are a centre of excellence with a reputation for attracting and retaining high calibre staff offering employees flexible hours, competitive salary packaging and leave for significant life events.
ANSTO is a unique organisation, offering a significant breadth and variety of job opportunities. At ANSTO you will work with some of Australia's brightest minds and have the opportunity to shape a career that matches your talent, goals and interests.
Investing in our employees
ANSTO’s vision is “to deliver excellence in innovation, insight and discovery through our people, partnerships, nuclear expertise and landmark infrastructure”. We are committed to investing in our people to achieve this vision.
ANSTO regards professional development as essential for employee and organisational growth. The organisation is committed to providing opportunities which enhance the professional and technical skills of employees.
These opportunities include:
- Supporting tertiary studies through educational and professional institutions
- Training programs tailored for specific development needs
- Arranging project work, secondments and job rotations
- Attending conferences
- Coaching and mentoring
Work life balance
ANSTO offers an attractive range of employment conditions and support to employees at different stages of their careers including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrifice/salary packaging benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Good working conditions
- Generous superannuation
ANSTO offers an extensive range of leave provisions to help employees balance work and personal commitments. If you are employed under the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement, these include:
- Four weeks paid recreation leave each year
- Long service leave after 10 years of continuous service
- Sixteen weeks paid maternity leave and an addition up to 36-weeks without pay
- Three weeks general leave (per year) to cover situations such as illness, carer's leave, personal emergency leave, cultural leave and funeral leave.