ANSTO Minerals is home to the leading uranium process development facility in Australia. We are international leaders in the leaching and processing of uranium ores, and have played an active role in the development and application of technology in the uranium industry for over 30 years.
ANSTO Minerals has carried out process development for numerous operations, including MKU, Ranger, Nabarlek, Olympic Dam, Beverley, Honeymoon, Langer Heinrich, Kayelekera and Rossing.
Process development has also been undertaken on many emerging prospects internationally: Mkuju River, Likuyu North, Trekkopje, Ryst Kuil, Falea, Husab, Lumwana and Haggan, and within Australia: Four Mile, Kintyre, Yeelirrie, Westmoreland, Lake Way, Wiluna, Valhalla, Mulga Rock and Jabiluka.
What can we do for you?
ANSTO Minerals can provide uranium processing expertise in the following areas:
- Optimisation studies for well established processes
- Advise on the environmental impact of uranium processing
- Laboratory and pilot plant studies, covering leaching, solvent extraction, ion exchange, product precipitation and effluent handling
- Our experience includes processing of complex uranium orebodies to recover other valuable metals such as copper, rare earths, cobalt, silver and gold
- Control of radionuclides in uranium by-products to ensure specifications
- Development of alternative novel processes for uranium recovery
ANSTO is a Registered Research Service Provider for the R&D Tax Incentive.