Program Advisory Committee
The Bragg Institute Program Advisory Committee makes recommendations to the Head of the Bragg Institute concerning the allocation of neutron beam time, and the Director of the National Deuteration Facility concerning use of its facilities.
The committee examines not only scientific merits (comments provided by external referees online), but also technical and safety aspects of the beam-time requests.
Although assessment is driven by the scientific merit of the proposal, the development of new users and new research areas are also be taken into account.
- Tracy Rushmer (Macquarie University); chair - 3 years from 2014
- John Carver (Australian National University) - AINSE representative
- Joanne Etheridge (Monash University) - 3 years from November 2014
- Di-Jing Huang (National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center) - representing the National Science Council of Taiwan
- Erich Kisi (Newcastle University; president of ANBUG) - 2 years from 2015
- Rob McQueeney (Iowa State University) - 4 years from 2012
- Emily Parker (University of Canterbury) - 3 years from May 2016
- Mitsuhiro Shibayama (University of Tokyo) - representing the Institute of Solid State Physics program at the JRR-3M Reactor
- John Stride (University of New South Wales) - 3 years from May 2016
- Xun-Li Wang (City University of Hong Kong) - 3 years from November 2013
- Tim Wess (Charles Sturt University) - AINSE representative
- Joseph Bevitt (ANSTO) - non-voting Bragg Institute Scientific Secretary