Program Advisory Committee
The Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering and National Deuteration Facility Program Advisory Committee makes recommendations to the Leader of the Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering concerning the allocation of neutron beam time, and the Leader of the National Deuteration Facility concerning use of its facilities.
The committee examines not only scientific merits (comments provided by external referees online), but also technical and safety aspects of the beam-time requests.
Although assessment is driven by the scientific merit of the proposal, the development of new users and new research areas are also be taken into account.
- Tracy Rushmer (Macquarie University); chair (2014-2017)
- Laure Bourgeois (Monash University) (2016-2018)
- John Carver (Australian National University) - AINSE representative
- Di-Jing Huang (National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center) - representing the National Science Council of Taiwan
- Ian Gentle (University of Queensland; president of ANBUG) (2017-2018)
- Rob McQueeney (Iowa State University) (2012-2017)
- Emily Parker (University of Canterbury) (2016-2018)
- Mitsuhiro Shibayama (University of Tokyo) - representing the Institute of Solid State Physics program at the JRR-3M Reactor
- John Stride (University of New South Wales) (2016-2018)
- Xun-Li Wang (City University of Hong Kong) (2013-2017)
- Tim Wess (Charles Sturt University) - AINSE representative
- Joseph Bevitt (ANSTO) - non-voting ANSTO Scientific Secretary