Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering & National Deuteration Facility Program Advisory Committee
The Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering and National Deuteration Facility Program Advisory Committee makes recommendations to the Leader of the Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering concerning the allocation of neutron beam time, and the Leader of the National Deuteration Facility concerning use of its facilities.
The committee examines not only scientific merits (comments provided by external referees online), but also technical and safety aspects of the beam-time requests.
Although assessment is driven by the scientific merit of the proposal, the development of new users and new research areas are also be taken into account.
- Tracy Rushmer (Macquarie University); Chair
- Laure Bourgeois (Monash University)
- Bruce Gaulin (McMaster University, Canada)
- Ian Gentle (University of Queensland; president of ANBUG)
- Di-Jing Huang (National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center) - representing the National Science Council of Taiwan
- Jacqueline Matthews (University of Sydney)
- Duncan McGillivray (University of Auckland)
- Javier Santisteban (CNEA, Argentina)
- Mitsuhiro Shibayama (University of Tokyo) - representing the Institute of Solid State Physics program at the JRR-3M Reactor
- Tim Wess (Charles Sturt University) - AINSE representative
- Joseph Bevitt (ANSTO) - non-voting ANSTOScientific Secretary