User travel support
ANSTO may provide travel and accommodation support to access our facilities and capabilities to researchers from AINSE member organisations (most universities in Australia and New Zealand, along with a few other research organisations).
|Travel Request form|
|Expense Acquittal form|
What you are required to do:
- Arrange for a travel request form to be completed by the Lead Scientist for up to three users listed on the proposal. Only one application can be submitted per proposal. The form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to travel to ensure appropriate processing time.
- Arrange your own flights and ground transport to ANSTO.
- Be responsible for the cost of additional nights, phone calls, meals, dry cleaning and laundry services.
- Abide by the Lucas Heights motel conditions such as checking out of your room at 10am.
- Inform the User Office in a timely manner if changes to your accommodation are required. If you do not cancel your accommodation at least 24 hours before planned arrival, you will be responsible for paying the nights accommodation.
- Arrange for your organisation to submit an expense acquittal form along with an organisation issued invoice within eight weeks after your trip to qualify for reimbursement. The total amount invoiced cannot exceed the value specified in your approval letter.
What we will do:
- Provide travel support for up to three users from AINSE member organisations per successful proposal including return airfares from your departure city to Sydney, ground transport to ANSTO (maximum $200 AUD) and accommodation.
- ANSTO may support accommodation for the number of scheduled experiment days plus two additional days to allow users to arrive a day before their experiment commences and an additional night on the day that their experiment ends.
- Provide a funding approval letter to the Lead Scientist after processing the travel request.
- Fund travel costs to the amount specified in the approval letter
For more information about the User Travel Support program, please email the ANSTO User Office or call (02) 9717 9623 (AEST)
The User Travel Support Program is intended to cover the majority of the cost of travel for up to three researchers per successful proposal. Please note that in some circumstances the actual cost of travel may be higher than the maximum available.
|Departure city||Sydney return airfare (incl. GST)|
|Wagga Wagga||$407 AUD|
|Auckland NZ||$935 AUD|
|Christchurch NZ||$957 AUD|
|Dunedin NZ||$1,023 AUD|
|Wellington NZ||$957 AUD|