Elemental and trace metal analysis
This laboratory is equipped with sophisticated instrumentation such as quadrupole inductively coupled plasma - mass spectrometer (qICPMS), a simultaneous inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometer (ICPAES) and an anion chromatographs (IC), and provides a range of analytical services.
Applications with other techniques have been used to provide research in areas such as:
- Water resources management using surface and groundwater study
- Study of past climate variability using natural archives in corals and speleothems
- Contaminants and remediation study
- Elemental fingerprinting to identify sample origin.
- Analysis by ICPAES
- Analysis by qICPMS (simple matrices)
- Analysis by qICPMS with CRI (for difficult matrices)
- Analysis by SeaFast qICPMS (ultratrace Rare Earth Element)
- Analysis by IC (anions)
- Physical measurements (pH, Conductivity, Alkalinity)
- Sample Preparation (microwave digestion)
For further information please contact: