ANSTO’s Lucas Heights campus is 40km south-west of the Sydney CBD.
Getting to ANSTO by car is easy and there is plenty of free onsite parking for all visitors.
Address: New Illawarra Road, Lucas Heights, NSW 2234
Public transport options are also available with ANSTO providing a regular mini-bus service connection between ANSTO and Sutherland train station.
The Cafe is open weekdays from 7am.
Breakfast is served from 7am and lunch is available between 12pm to 2pm.
Cafe-style coffee, cakes and hamburgers are served all day.
The Discovery Centre is open weekdays from 9am to 5pm.
Free tours of ANSTO’s Lucas Heights facility are available for the community, school groups and private or special interest groups.
The Discovery Centre is located by the front entrance of ANSTO, opposite the cafe.
If you’re visiting ANSTO for business or research purposes you will need to check-in at reception.
The Lucas Heights Motel offers 3.5 star accommodation and includes 18 standard motel rooms and two self-contained family units that sleep four people.
Phone number: +61 2 8525 4400
Site safety and security procedures
To help maintain the safety and security of the ANSTO site, it is important that all of our visitors follow ANSTO's safety procedures and are familiar with the conditions of entry prior to arrival. If you are entering the secure areas of our Lucas Heights facility, you will be asked to present appropriate identification upon arrival.
To help maintain the safety and security of the ANSTO site, it is important that all our visitors follow ANSTO's procedures and are familiar with the conditions of entry to the site.
When visiting ANSTO, you will need to:
- Have the visit pre-arranged
- Present to ANSTO Reception or the Discovery Centre
- Provide identification such as
- an Australian or foreign passport
- an Australian driver’s licence
- a Proof of Age card
- an Australian government issued photo ID card
- two alternate forms of non-photographic identification such as marriage certificate, birth certificate, bank document or credit card
- Be signed in and escorted by an ANSTO ID Pass holder
- Display a visitor ID Pass
You will also need to be aware that:
- Visitors must declare all electronic devices they are carrying that have embedded camera capability upon arrival. A decision will be made as to whether this device may be brought onsite
- Visitors cannot take photographs or recordings on site without written approval
- Laptops and memory sticks may be taken on site but must also be declared upon arrival
- Lockers are available for visitor use
- Additional visitor guidelines have been developed for journalists, media and visitors to sensitive areas. Onsite requirements will be communicated upon arrival
Phone number: +61 2 9717 3111 or enquire online
ANSTO's Camperdown campus is around 5km south of the Sydney CBD and is home to the National Research Cycloton.
Getting to ANSTO Camperdown is easy by public transport and there is limited parking available if you're driving. The closest train stations are Redfern, Newtown and Macdonaldtown, buses also stop along Parramatta Road. Download our transport guide.
Address: 81 Missenden Rd, Camperdown, NSW 2050
Phone number: +61 2 9717 7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org