Luis Abuel is a technical officer with a background in Instrumentation and Process Control Engineering. Luis started at ANSTO in May 2006 as an Instrumentation Technician in OPAL. He has been involved with maintenance and calibration of pressure, temperature and level instruments as well as troubleshooting of PLC based control system in Opal's irradiation facilities, among others.
Luis joined Bragg Institute's Computing and Electronics Group in July 2008 as an Electronics Technician. His main responsibilities are to provide operational support to the existing Neutron Beam Instruments (NBI) as well as to assist in the installation and commissioning of new NBI detector and data acquisition systems.
Qualifications & Achievements
- Designed and developed Automated Pressure Calibration Instrument for OPAL Instrumentation Maintenance Group (ANSTO, 2006-2008)
- Built Vertical Slice Pneumatic Control System - Fourdrinier Flow Box for Botany Paper Mill (ABB Australia 2005-2006)
- Performed and conducted training on repair and test of Cellular Antennas and Couplers (Argus Technologies Australia, 2003-2005)
- Diploma of Systems Technology (Spherion, Computer Power Group, Sydney, 2002)
- Electronic Engineering Technician (classified by Trade Recognition Australia, 2000)
- Implemented curriculum on the subject Electrical Measurements and Electronic Instrumentation (MFI, Philippines 1990-2000)
- Diploma of Industrial Instrumentation Technician (MFI, Philippines 1990)