Role at ANSTO
Mark is involved in investigating the diffusion of radionuclides into fractured rocks, groundwater age interpretation, prompt gamma neutron activation analysis (PGNAA) and various isotopic analyses of groundwater.
These techniques are valuable for understanding the connection pathways and flow rates between surface water and groundwater. The results contribute to quantifying water resources, contaminant transport pathways and mining subsidence impacts on water supply and the environment.Expertise
Discrete interval zone-of-interest borehole sampling, prompt gamma neutron activation analysis (PGNAA), borehole logging, isotopes in groundwater.
Qualifications & Achievements
- BSc (Hons) Advanced in Geochemistry, University of Wollongong (1999)
- Grad Dip Ed, University of Wollongong (2001)
- Technical consultant (custom-built abrasives, quarry product) 1995-2006
- Environmental education and Sustainable Schools Support Teacher, NSW DET 2002-2005
- District electrical mechanic, high-voltage protection technican, electrical installation inspector 1981-1995