COVID-19 Update - 20th May
Our 12 May communication to you advised of our plans to develop a staged, partial resumption of research infrastructure operations at Lucas Heights, Camperdown and Clayton.
As we prepare to recommence our user program, we will complete planned maintenance and infrastructure will be brought back to a state of operational readiness. We do not expect to resume operations at full capacity during this phase.
Our commitment is to:
- Address first those approved experiments/projects postponed from the 2020-1 round due to COVID-19 measures. We will contact the impacted users soon to discuss restarting these experiments;
- Consider mail-in of samples, where possible, subject to agreement with Research Infrastructure contacts;
- Progressively allow users on site, from local/state, national and international institutions depending on Government and respective institutional travel advice, and ANSTO risk assessments;
- Award proposals under the 2020-2 (Lucas Heights) or 2020/2 (Clayton) rounds contingent on when user operations resume; and
- Reopen new proposal submissions once back-log is addressed and normal operations re-established.
- ANSTO VIC (Australian Synchrotron) will recommence regular user operations from June, following the principles outlined above. As Government restrictions ease, ANSTO NSW will assess the risk of resuming a reduced level of user program that will permit the presence of users on site.