Applications are now closed.
Our science and technology industries need the inquisitive; the innovative; the ingenious to shape the best tomorrow for us and our planet. That's why we’re pleased to announce we are now accepting applications for ANSTO's Graduate Institute Industry Foundations Scholarships.
Be part of shaping a brighter future for our world.
Features of the program
$7,500 top-up stipend + more
Plus approved research, conference, travel and accommodation support of up to $10,000
* Note: This scheme is not an award of employment with ANSTO and therefore supports an existing salary
Guidance from an ANSTO supervisor
Our people are amongst our nation’s most talented researchers, scientists, engineers and nuclear experts. Everyday we work to respond to the growing nuclear science and technology needs of Australia and the world.
Access to landmark infrastructure and facilities
ANSTO is home to Australia’s most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. With over $1.3b in research assets set across three campuses, it’s no wonder thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to our state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Training and development
Scholarship recipients will be supported with opportunities for training and development in areas such as:
- Business modelling
- Supply chain optimisation
- Funding and finance management
- Leadership skills
- Intellectual property protection
Want to know more?
Be inspired! Hear more from our successful applicants from the 2020 intake:
A NSW government funded scheme
About the program
As part of an NSW government funding scheme designed to establish an Industry Foundations Program, ANSTO is awarding a minimum of five scholarships for graduate students or early career researchers working on industry-focused research projects aligned with ANSTO’s strategic objectives.
Scholarship recipients will have access to the expertise and technology needed to facilitate cutting edge discoveries in advanced manufacturing, health, environment and the nuclear fuel cycle.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for the ANSTO 2021 Graduate Institute Industry Foundations Scholarship, you must:
- Be a graduate of a bachelor or equivalent degree or higher and be within five years of graduation or be undertaking a higher degree by research
- Be available to spend 6 months researching at an ANSTO facility
- If you are an Australian or New Zealand student, be enrolled at a university that is an AINSE member
- Agree to commence from February 2021
How to apply
A step by step guide
Identify your focus area
Your project should focus on one of the ANSTO Priority Focus Areas:
defence; environment; fusion; human health; radiopharmaceuticals; space; nuclear fuel cycle or nuclear technology capability development
And align with least one of ANSTO’s strategic objectives:
- Putting our people first
- World leading research and technology outcomes
- Strategic management of landmark and national infrastructure
- Nuclear related expertise and advice
- Business and innovation
Demonstrate industry support
Industry support could be demonstrated through cash or in-kind contributions, or you can simply include indication from an industry partner that the project you’re undertaking is useful.
If you do not yet have industry support we may be able to help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
- Your focus area
- Your university supervisor and their contact details
Select an ANSTO supervisor
Nominate an ANSTO supervisor that would be best placed to support your project. Click on the link below to view the list of ANSTO supervisors.
If you don’t yet have a contact at ANSTO, we can help facilitate this. Email us if you need help.Find an ANSTO supervisor
Your ANSTO supervisor will be the representative who submits your application.
Format and submit your application
Take a look out our application guide.
Projects will be assessed on:
- The impact and benefit to ANSTO and NSW in accordance with your Priority Focus Area.
- The level of industry support.
- Project quality, readiness and feasibility.
Ready to submit?
Your proposed ANSTO supervisor will submit your application by emailing it to email@example.com
Applications close 17 July.