Role at ANSTO
Dr. Abdella Mohammednur Ahmed is a joint ANSTO-UOW postdoctoral fellow at human health section since June 2017. He completed his PhD at Tohoku University, school of engineering, Japan in 2014. His main research focuses in the design and performance evaluation of positron emission tomography (PET) scanners. His current research focuses on developing a validated PET models and image reconstruction which will assist us in developing method for dose estimation during heavy ion therapy.
Monte Carlo Simulation, image reconstruction, In-beam PET, nuclear medicine physics.
Qualifications & Achievements
- Grant-in-Aid for young scientists, Grant number 16K19241, government of Japan (2016)
- Full research student scholar ship, government of Japan (2010/2011)
- Postdoctoral research fellowship at the National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Japan (2014-2017)
- Full PhD scholarship, government of Japan (2011-2014)
- Full research student scholarship, government of Japan (2010/2011)
- PhD in Quantum Science and Energy Engineering, Tohoku University
- MSc in applied physics from Addis Ababa University