Role at ANSTO
Guochu received his PhD (Materials Physics and Chemistry) from Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Science in 2006. Afterwards, he did his first postdoc on giant dielectric constant materials in École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EFPL, Switzerland). And then he moved into elastic and inelastic neutron scattering studies of strongly correlated magnetic systems in Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI, Switzerland).Guochu’s research interests range from low dimensional magnets, superconductors to ferroelectrics, multiferroics, maganites and so on. Neutron experiments on these materials, especially under pressure, are one of his favourite topics.
Qualifications & Achievements
- Prize of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Swiss (2007)
- Humboldt Research Fellowship by Alexander Humboldt Foundation, Germany (2007)
- Outstanding Chinese PhD representative to “Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting”, Germany (2006)
- “Dongsheng Yan” Academician Prize, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, China (2006)
- Ph.D. in Material Physics and Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Science, China, (2006)