Role at ANSTO
Karina is a research scientist in the Isotopes for Water project. She is working in the fields of hydrochemistry, hydrogeology and isotope hydrology on a variety of projects located throughout Australia. Her research interests lie in applying a variety of stable, radiogenic and cosmogenic isotopic tracers to investigate groundwater resource sustainability and the suitability of aquifer systems as potential low resolution climate archives.
Hydrogeochemistry, hydrogeology, radiocarbon, groundwater, hydrogeochemical modelling, isotopes.
Qualifications & Achievements
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow at ANSTO, 2007 to 2009.
- PhD in Hydrogeochemistry, Hydrogeology and isotopes studies. University of New South Wales, 2001 to 2005.
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2001 to 2004.
- First Class Honours, University of New South Wales, 2000.
- Member of International Association Hydrogeologist.
- Member of International Association of Geochemistry.