With the support of NSW Government, ANSTO offers FutureNow and FutureNow Plus scholarships to graduates or early career researchers working on industry-focused research projects that support developments in health, defence, aerospace engineering and nuclear technologies.
Who can apply?
To qualify for the ANSTO FutureNow Scholarships, you must:
- Be a graduate of a bachelor or equivalent degree or higher and be within five years of graduation or be undertaking a higher degree by research
- Be available to spend 6 months researching at an ANSTO facility
- If you are an Australian or New Zealand student, be enrolled at a university that is an AINSE member
- All applications for a FutureNow Scholarship are subject to a probity check, which may involve a national security, police and/or other checks
Who can apply?
|Offer a $10,000 top-up stipend and more|
|Offer a stipend of up to $35,000 and more|
|FutureNow Plus scholarships / PhD positions||
PhD Students. Australian citizens
|Offer a stipend of up to $35,000 and more.|
A NSW government funded scheme
About the program
The FutureNow Scholarships are made possible through the generous support of the NSW government funding scheme as part of our ANSTO Innovation Precinct development.
These scholarships are for graduate students or early career researchers working on industry-focused research projects aligned with ANSTO’s strategic objectives.
Scholarship recipients will have access to the expertise and technology needed to facilitate cutting edge discoveries in advanced manufacturing, health, environment and the nuclear fuel cycle.
Features of the program
$10,000 top-up and $35,000 stipends + more
ANSTO offers two FutureNow Scholarship programs
FutureNow – $10,000 existing stipend or salary top-up (five or more per year with annual extensions possible)
FutureNow Plus – $35,000 stipend (up to 3 ½ year award, one or more per year)
Plus approved research, conference, travel and accommodation support to up $10,000
* Note: This scheme is not an award of employment with ANSTO.
Guidance from an ANSTO supervisor
Our people are amongst our nation’s most talented researchers, scientists, engineers and nuclear experts. Everyday we work to respond to the growing nuclear science and technology needs of Australia and the world.
Access to landmark infrastructure and facilities
ANSTO is home to Australia’s most significant landmark and national infrastructure for research. With over $1.3b in research assets set across three campuses, it’s no wonder thousands of scientists from industry and academia benefit from gaining access to our state-of-the-art instruments every year.
Training and development
Scholarship recipients will be supported with opportunities for training and development in areas such as:
- Business modelling
- Supply chain optimisation
- Funding and finance management
- Leadership skills
- Intellectual property protection
How to apply
A step by step guide
Identify your focus area
Your project should focus on one of the ANSTO's priority focus areas:
- Human health
- Nuclear fuel cycle or nuclear technology capability development
And align with least one of ANSTO’s strategic objectives:
- Putting our people first
- World leading research and technology outcomes
- Strategic management of landmark and national infrastructure
- Nuclear related expertise and advice
- Business and innovation
Demonstrate industry support
Industry support could be demonstrated through cash or in-kind contributions, or you can simply include indication from an industry partner that the project you’re undertaking is useful.
If you do not yet have industry support we may be able to help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
- Your focus area
- Your university supervisor and their contact details
Select an ANSTO supervisor
Nominate an ANSTO supervisor that would be best placed to support your project. Click on the link below to view the list of ANSTO supervisors.
If you don’t yet have a contact at ANSTO, we can help facilitate this. Email us if you need help.Find an ANSTO supervisor
Your ANSTO supervisor will be the representative who submits your application.
Format and submit your application
Take a look out our application guide.
Projects will be assessed on:
- The impact and benefit to ANSTO and NSW in accordance with your Priority Focus Area.
- The level of industry support.
- Project quality, readiness and feasibility.
Ready to submit?
Your proposed ANSTO supervisor will submit your application by emailing it to email@example.com