Tue 16 Aug at 6.00pm - Tue 16 Aug at 8.00pm
|Venue||UNSW CBD Campus
Level 6/1 O'Connell St Sydney, NSW 2000
Discover what the next decade of nuclear manufacturing has in store.
About this event
Nuclear technology adoption is already happening, why aren’t we talking about it more?
There is no denying the nuclear conversation is already happening and has progressed around the world – are we missing out on an opportunity? Nuclear technology and manufacturing are being innovated locally and Australia is well placed to become a world leader. So, what exactly does the future of nuclear technology look like? And where does Australia fit into the equation? How can we talk about nuclear technology in a way that is inclusive and realistic?
Join us for a lively discussion followed by audience Q&A about how leading nuclear experts approach the incredible opportunities and difficult issues around this historically disruptive technology that holds immense promise.
- Professor Lyria Bennett Moses (MC) – Director, Allens Hub for Technology, Law and Innovation
- Dr. Edward Obbard – Program Coordinator, UNSW Nuclear Engineering Program
- Dr. Ben Heard – Senior Consultant, Frazer-Nash, and Founder of Bright New World
- Professor Matthew Kearns – Professor of Environment and Society, UNSW School of Humanities and Languages
- 6.00pm – Panel discussion
- 7.00pm – Networking reception. Food and beverage included.